Welcome to the resource library. Draw up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and browse through this collection of resources and advice on writing and publishing.
Editing advice and guidance
Need some self-editing tips? Unsure of how to pick the right editor, or what to expect when working with one? These posts are for you.
Submission tips and advice
Thinking of pursuing traditional publishing and submitting to literary agents? This collection of posts will help you along the way.
Downloadable worksheets and templates
Free downloads to help you with your writing!
Recommended craft books
Other recommended resources
- Fantasy Worldbuilding Questions: Giant list of world-building questions from Patricia C. Wrede.
- Writer Beware: A useful page about literary scams and red flags to watch out for when submitting to agents or publishers.
- Manuscript Wish List: Find out what agents and editors are looking for.
- QueryShark: The holy grail if you’re looking for an agent and want to know how to write a good query letter!
- QueryTracker: Search for agents and keep track of responses. Note: not all UK agents are listed in the database.
- Complete Guide to Query Letters: A guide to query letters from Jane Friedman.
- Writing with Color: Writing resources and guides on writing ethnic diversity.
- Conscious Style Guide: A guide to conscious/mindful language, covering things like health, disability, ethnicity and race, sexuality, etc.
- Historical Thesaurus of English: Research the usage/origin of English words and phrases. Useful for historical fiction authors.
- Writer Beware – Editors and Editing: Fantastic page on what different types of editors do, whether you need one, and how to avoid unqualified/questionable editors.
- Society of Authors: Trade union for authors.
- Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) – Non-profit organisation for self-publishing authors.